"The Average-Sized Mermaid"



Also in July 2011 I was cast in "The Average-Sized Mermaid" as Nettie De'Leau which will premiere in the 15th Annual NY International Fringe Festival.  I've been wanting to participate in the Fringe festival for a few years now.  It takes place during the summer which traditionally is a slow down period for the entertainment industry.  And because it is theater, it is a great opportunity to hone your craft in an actual role.  Not just a scene or two in class.  In the past I've auditioned for a few roles in the festival but never booked.  Well this year I got called back for a role in another show but ultimately booked the role of Nettie!  This role was a much better fit for me and I'm so glad that I got to work on this project.


"The Average-Sized Mermaid" is a comedic, contemporary take on the children's book "The Little Mermaid."  Think "Splash" but much more funny.  My character, Nettie, is a fashion designer and best friends with the lead character Miriam Moselle.  When Miriam finds herself transformed into a mermaid, her close friends rally to find a way to undo "the tail" and all kinds of hijinks ensue.  
www.avgmermaid.blogspot.com  
VENUE #7: Connelly Theater   
Sat 13 @ 3:15  Mon 15 @ 9:30  Thu 25 @ 6  Fri 26 @ 9:15  Sat 27 @ 1  *All performance dates are in August.